Does this Sound like You?

Are you stuck in a workout rut? Having a hard time breaking free to hit the gym? I am ready to help change your life!
I will come to your home when it works for you! I will teach you WORKOUTS THAT WORK so you can meet achievable, life changing goals we establish together. My goal isn't to make you reliant on a personal trainer for the rest of your life. My goal is to show you how to make several small changes in how you move, eat and think which will make huge changes in how you live for the rest of your life!

Monday, January 28, 2013

Health is Wealth

Eat Better:
Spaghetti Squash Pasta with Meatballs

Move Better:
Here's 3 of my favorite warm up active stretches. Prior to your workout your stretches should be dynamic, not static...meaning you should not be holding a stretch for a long period of time, rather moving through the stretch allowing your blood to start flowing from your core clear out to your finger tips and toes. Holding stretches for a warm up, like you should at the end of a workout, can actually do more harm than good. It's like stretching a cold rubber band. Snap!
  1. Inchworms: http://www.acefitness.org/acefit/exercise-library-details/0/254/
  2. Lunge with Elbow Instep: http://www.acefitness.org/acefit/exercise-library-details/0/140/
  3. Gate Opener: http://www.acefitness.org/acefit/exercise-library-details/0/201/
Amy's Corner:
The grown up equivalent to, "The dog ate my homework!", is 
"I don't have time!"

Some of you may read that and shake your head in agreement while others are instantly defensive. I get it. I'm a mom of 2 little girls, ages 4 and 6, as well as a business owner. I wear a lot of hats during the day as I'm sure all of you do as well. It's difficult to find time in our busy days for ourselves. And, let's be honest. If we do have time for ourselves, it's so few and far between, wouldn't we rather spend it relaxing than sweating it out in the gym or meal planning?

Here's the hard truth: if your health takes a backseat on your list of priorities then those things at the top of the list will eventually suffer because of it. If family is first, what happens when you've neglected to care for yourself for so long you are sick and in need of their care later in life? Your family time is diminished and your capacity to enjoy them is as well. If work is high on the list, constant stress and lack of exercise along with poor nutrition can cause a gamut of health related issues that can keep you from working to your fullest capacity...or keep you from working at all!

Health is wealth. Without it everything else suffers. Ask anyone who has lost theirs and they'll be the first to tell you...take care of yourself starting TODAY!


I'm not on a soapbox because I've always done this, as a matter of fact, I used to be almost 60 lbs heavier than I am today because my health was way at the bottom of list of priorities. I am, however, passionate about motivating others to change their way of thinking about caring for themselves.

You have one body for the rest of your life. Take the time to care for it! 


Upcoming Events: 

Workouts that Work with Amy
*Sign up NOW for my Facebook February Challenge! You'll be part of a private Facebook group and receive daily workouts and nutrition tips from me, daily recipes and ongoing support and accountability from the group. Almost 20 people are participating this January and are experiencing AMAZING results! No equipment needed and modifications/demonstrations are provided for every exercise. To sign up just email me at AmyDrefke@gmail.com ASAP! Inches and weight measurements will be used to determine the winner each month...the winner receives a free one-on-one personal training session with me! A $60 value! Cost: $99 for your first month then only $75/month or $150/3 months thereafter!

Community
3.1 miles of glowing fun featuring multiple black light zones, a glowing finish line chute and arch as well as thousands of runners decked out in glow gear. THE GLOW RUN 5k Des Moines will take place on Saturday, April 20th at 8:30PM. The Race will start and finish at the Science Center of Iowa. Click here to register! Sounds like a blast! http://www.glowrun5k.com/dm.html

I've done this race a few times and LOVED it. Brisk, cool winter air
and great prizes for age group winners!


Chamber Chill Logo with snowflakes

I'll be there...will you??

No comments:

Post a Comment