How do we decide what is worth the investment of our hard earned money and time out of our busy schedules? To me it comes down to 1 question, "How would my life be different without that "thing" in optimal condition?" My hair would look long and highlights grown out, but I could live with that (actually if you've seen my hair lately you'd know that's true :)
What about your health? If you do not maintain your health, if you do not to everything you can do keep it in optimal condition, how would your life be different? For some of you the question isn't how would it be different, rather it's how IS life different? For the latter of you it's NEVER to late to begin investing in the MOST IMPORTANT "thing" you have. Because without your health in optimal condition you are less likely to care for others because you're too busy caring for yourself and your ailments. Without your health in optimal condition you walk a fine line of possibly losing all that is important to you if not now, someday sooner than it should ever happen.
Here are 5 ways to start investing in your health today:
- 30-40 minutes of exercise daily - brisk walking has many benefits!
- Choose whole foods: fresh fruits, vegetables, lean meats, nuts & seeds
- Elimate processed foods, refined sugars and hydrogenated oils from your diet
- Reduce your mental stress with 10 minutes of deep breathing, silence, meditation, prayer, yoga...
- Nuture the healthy relationships you have and hang out with people who encourage and support you