Does this Sound like You?

Are you stuck in a workout rut? Having a hard time breaking free to hit the gym? I am ready to help change your life!
I will come to your home when it works for you! I will teach you WORKOUTS THAT WORK so you can meet achievable, life changing goals we establish together. My goal isn't to make you reliant on a personal trainer for the rest of your life. My goal is to show you how to make several small changes in how you move, eat and think which will make huge changes in how you live for the rest of your life!

Monday, August 1, 2011

Papaya Spears

Hy-Vee Health Mart has a section of dried fruits, nuts and mixes in bins. You can scoop your own, weigh the bag and print out the sticker to place on the bag in a matter of seconds! I recommend the Papaya Spears (no sulfur and low sugar). Why no sulfur? Sulfur dioxide is used to help dried fruit keep it's color and freshness...but it's also a byproduct of burning oil or gas that contain sulfur and can cause life threatening injuries if inhaled. No studies have linked dried fruit containing sulfur dioxide to injuries other than it can increase asthma symptoms in those with asthma. However, if I have the option, I'd much rather steer clear!

Now that I'm off my soap box :), give them a try! 1 or 2 for a small sweet snack are all I need to get through those "sweet tooth" moments. My kids like them too! Keep in mind dried fruit does contain carbs and they are concentrated so a little goes a long way. Don't forget to keep fresh fruit around and easily accessible too!

No comments:

Post a Comment