Does this Sound like You?

Are you stuck in a workout rut? Having a hard time breaking free to hit the gym? I am ready to help change your life!
I will come to your home when it works for you! I will teach you WORKOUTS THAT WORK so you can meet achievable, life changing goals we establish together. My goal isn't to make you reliant on a personal trainer for the rest of your life. My goal is to show you how to make several small changes in how you move, eat and think which will make huge changes in how you live for the rest of your life!

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Trainer Talk Tuesday

Sleep, rest, water and stretching matter!!!

My workout Friday was one of the toughest Crossfit workouts I've done. I was in a hurry to get Aly from childcare, head out of the gym and get to my next appointment so my stretching was cut short. Bad decision #1. I flew through my day from one thing to the next then before I knew it I was out with friends for a night of celebrating my birthday. We stayed out really late, I had been up since 4 am. Bad decision #2. I didn't drink water that night...Bad decision #3.

SO...it's no surprise I woke up Saturday hardly able to stand. I didn't stretch thoroughly, I didn't get 7 hours of sleep or more and I was dehydrated. My muscles were screaming at me and in my head I knew exactly why.

Sleep, rest, water and stretching matter!!! Say it with me! Sleep, rest, water and stretching matter!!!

Allow your body to recover. Get 7 hours of sleep or more every night and make sure you have rest days built into your exercise routine. Aim for 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water daily, avoiding caffiene and alcohol which can dehydrate you.  Make sure you are warming up and cooling down during your workouts...make time for it!

Even those of us who know better sometimes forget the basics.

No comments:

Post a Comment