Does this Sound like You?

Are you stuck in a workout rut? Having a hard time breaking free to hit the gym? I am ready to help change your life!
I will come to your home when it works for you! I will teach you WORKOUTS THAT WORK so you can meet achievable, life changing goals we establish together. My goal isn't to make you reliant on a personal trainer for the rest of your life. My goal is to show you how to make several small changes in how you move, eat and think which will make huge changes in how you live for the rest of your life!

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

No Potatoes? No Problem!

Mashed potatoes used to be a staple at my house as a kid and I LOVE them! No gravy, just lots of butter. However, that doesn't jive so well with my new lifestyle anymore. I choose sweet potatoes for their higher fiber and nutrients and only eat half at a time with no butter or I chop them, toss them in olive oil, sprinkle on salt and bake them for a great snack or side.

But here's a secret I discovered...I can get the yummy, creamy mashed potato feel without using potatoes at all! Below is a recipe from the Country Club Market, Chef Terrie Kohl. I easily found celery root right at Hy-Vee in the produce aisle. Try this...you will be surprised at the amount of flavor and the texture! It honestly tasted very fresh and like something I could enjoy eating as a side often...and I do!

Mashed Celery Root with Chives and Lemon, Parsely

2-3 bulbs of celery root, peel and cube into 1" pieces
3 c of vegetable or chicken broth
2 T fresh rough chopped chives
1/2 t lemon zest
Salt and pepper to taste

Place celery root in pot with enought COLD vegetable broth to cover. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until the celery root is just softened (about 20 minutes).

Drain nearly all broth...and blend with a hand held blender to desired texture.

And herbs, zest and season to taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment