Does this Sound like You?

Are you stuck in a workout rut? Having a hard time breaking free to hit the gym? I am ready to help change your life!
I will come to your home when it works for you! I will teach you WORKOUTS THAT WORK so you can meet achievable, life changing goals we establish together. My goal isn't to make you reliant on a personal trainer for the rest of your life. My goal is to show you how to make several small changes in how you move, eat and think which will make huge changes in how you live for the rest of your life!

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Trainer Talk Tuesday

Most of you have heard this phrase or one similar: If you fail to plan you plan to fail. But what does it look like to be successful at planning ahead to meet your wellness goals? I can't speak for anyone but myself, but after maintaining over 50 lbs weight loss for 10 years I can share my insights in hopes they help you on your wellness journey.

Sunday afternoons I sit with my nutrition blogs and cookbooks and plan all my meals for the week ahead then write out a grocery list accordingly, 30-40 mins

I grocery shop once a week, no more no less. I spend time planning so I don't have to spend time on multiple trips to the store. I also spend less money this way...bonus! 1 hour

I have a calendar on my phone where I schedule my workouts for the week ahead. I block off time so I have a visual reminder and make it a priority. I also share my calendar with my husband so we can avoid conflicts with our schedules.

Water, nuts, fresh fruit, Larabars, Kind bars and carrots/celery come with me all the time in my bag. They are back up if I'm in a situation where the food choices aren't ideal. And they are snacks if I'm hungry so I'm not tempted to make a quick, less healthy choice.

I wash and cut up all veggies and fruit so they are readily available in my fridge.

I pre portion foods that come in large quantities I'd be tempted to eat more than 1 serving of by using snack sized baggies. For example, I'll take a large can almonds and portion them out into individual servings. No thinking is best, especially when I'm hungry and in a hurry.

I lay out my workout clothes the night before and I even sleep in them if I know it'll be a really early morning.

What do you do to plan ahead? How do you stay sucessful with your fitness and nutrition routines???



No comments:

Post a Comment