SO GET OUTSIDE! :)
You don't need to haul your own equipment either! There's "equipment" all around!
- Park benches: Step ups, tricep dips, squats (touch butt to seat) and elevated or decline push ups
- Light poles: Run between 2 then walk between 2 and repeat
- Trails: Run, walk, bike, walking lunges, squat jumps
- Stop Signs: Sprints, grab hold overhead while on your back for leg raises
- Monkey bars/Playground Equipment: pullups, tricep dips, run up a slide, squat jumps to step
- Tennis/Basketball Court: Play a game, ladder runs, shuffle the perimeter, start laying down next to a friend then hop up and race to the ball/net/hoop and back
- Obstacle Course: Use buckets, hoses, balls...any random thing from your garage and make an obstacle course in your backyard! Bear crawl, crab walk, lunges, run forward/backward, squat jump, burpees, high knees...so many options for what you can do!
- Sidewalk/Driveway Cracks: hop over with 1 leg and 2 legs without touching, play 4 square with your kids
- Wall: handstand holds or face away from the wall on all 4's and walk your feet up and down the wall
- Grass: great soft surface for planks and other core work
- Baseball field: Run the bases then do exercises on the bench in the dugout
- Track field: Run the bleachers, 200m/400m/800m runs, walking lunges, traveling burpees