Does this Sound like You?

Are you stuck in a workout rut? Having a hard time breaking free to hit the gym? I am ready to help change your life!
I will come to your home when it works for you! I will teach you WORKOUTS THAT WORK so you can meet achievable, life changing goals we establish together. My goal isn't to make you reliant on a personal trainer for the rest of your life. My goal is to show you how to make several small changes in how you move, eat and think which will make huge changes in how you live for the rest of your life!

Friday, May 4, 2012

Replace Fear with Faith

1 week ago today I was cleared to resume lifting and running with the caution, "If it hurts, don't do it." I went straight from the ortho's office to the gym with only one thing on my mind. I was going to put a barbell over my head and make peace with it.

4 years ago I was it by a car going about 60 mph on the highway while biking. I flipped, landed on my head, split my helmet in half and was left with road rash up and down my entire left side...that was the extent of my external inuries. The driver didn't stop. And I never got back on my bike. Everytime I thought about getting back on the sound of the impact of his rearview mirror on my shoulder got in my head. I allowed that moment, that horrible accident, to take away something I loved to do.

Broken neck bones from dropping a barbell overhead were not going to do the same. I held that empty barbell overhead until I stopped shaking. I looked in the mirror and told myself that I wasn't going to be afraid, but that I was going to be smart going forward. More than "If it hurts, don't do it"... but "if you question the safety of it, don't do it!"

We all have obstacles that can stand in the way of our success. One of those obstacles can be fear. I see it often. Fear of failing, fear of letting others down, fear of commitment...[place your own fear right here].

"You block your dream when you allow your fear to grow bigger than your faith.” Mary Manin Morrissey.

Replace fear with faith. Believe in yourself. Because growth and change happen from the inside-out.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! I recently purchased a road bike and am training for my first sprint triathlon. My biggest fear when riding on the rural roads here in Iowa is the cars flying by me at 60+ mph. I applaud you for being so strong!

    You are an inspiration!
    Jen
    http://justamomgivingitatri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete