Does this Sound like You?

Are you stuck in a workout rut? Having a hard time breaking free to hit the gym? I am ready to help change your life!
I will come to your home when it works for you! I will teach you WORKOUTS THAT WORK so you can meet achievable, life changing goals we establish together. My goal isn't to make you reliant on a personal trainer for the rest of your life. My goal is to show you how to make several small changes in how you move, eat and think which will make huge changes in how you live for the rest of your life!

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Trainer Talk Tuesday: Switch It Up

I am a trainer and I hired a trainer. Yes, I hired a trainer to take over my workouts and nutrition for the month so I could benefit professionally from his knowledge and experience and for the challenge. I love Crossfit and have been doing it 5-6 times/week for the past year. But I also know that changing up my routine, doing new exercises in a new format and trying new foods and supplements could take my fitness level and body to a different level I may not reach doing what I'm doing now. It's AMAZING how doing something different can throw your body totally off! I did bicep curls and skullcrushers this week...I haven't done those specific movements in over a year...and I AM SORE!!! I am eating brown rice, yams and oatmeal for the first time in a long time...I was used to a Paleo diet that eliminated grains and dairy.

Am I comfortable? No. I had to ask someone to point out the seated calf raise machine at the gym today...never used it. I'm used to the gym feeling more like a second home. It's taking me awhile to plan ahead meals, I'm not used to using a food scale and my usual "go to's" for snacks are not an option right now.

Am I growing? Absolutely. My body is adapting to change and I know it will reap the benefits. I'm mentally challenged by a whole new routine and fighting the feeling of uncertainty.

If you find yourself unmotivated, at a plateau or even wondering if it's possible to take your body/fitness to a whole new level...switch it up. Try something new. If you've been doing the same exercise routine for more than 8 weeks it's time to get uncomfortable. Join a fitness class, hire a trainer, sign yourself up for a race and train...you can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment