Does this Sound like You?

Are you stuck in a workout rut? Having a hard time breaking free to hit the gym? I am ready to help change your life!
I will come to your home when it works for you! I will teach you WORKOUTS THAT WORK so you can meet achievable, life changing goals we establish together. My goal isn't to make you reliant on a personal trainer for the rest of your life. My goal is to show you how to make several small changes in how you move, eat and think which will make huge changes in how you live for the rest of your life!

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Trainer Talk Tuesday: Celebrating Small Victories

I've had the privilege of running 5K's with clients for the first time with the goal being just to finish without walking. Besides carrying layers of clothing, water bottles or whatever is necessary I am constantly in their ear saying things like, "Get to that black car on the left. Make it to that tree. Keep your eyes up and look ahead! See that guy in the hot pink biker shorts? Pass him!" To my clients it's small goals that keep their feet moving. To me I know that if I set small achievable goals it's less overwhelming than thinking in terms of "miles left to go" or "minutes left to run" before the finish line appears.
This mentality is crucial when you are setting goals for yourself and working to achieve them. Take time to celebrate the small victories along the way. Keep your focus off of how far you have to go to the end goal and keep your focus on how far you've come and the next small goal. Keep your head up, keep your eyes forward and take out one mailbox at a time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment