Does this Sound like You?

Are you stuck in a workout rut? Having a hard time breaking free to hit the gym? I am ready to help change your life!
I will come to your home when it works for you! I will teach you WORKOUTS THAT WORK so you can meet achievable, life changing goals we establish together. My goal isn't to make you reliant on a personal trainer for the rest of your life. My goal is to show you how to make several small changes in how you move, eat and think which will make huge changes in how you live for the rest of your life!

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Workouts that Work Wednesday: Box Exercises

It's amazing what a simple piece of equipment, or an item in your home or at a park can do for your workout! Today one of the exercises in my workout was to jump over a 14" box for a set amount of reps and rounds. This can be scaled to jumping over a cone, a jump rope, a crack in the sidewalk, a weight bench, your dog (ok, kidding on the last one :)...but seriously, there are so many things of different heights and widths you could jump over! Then, you can do so much more from there! You can use a box or similar item to step on and off, plant one foot on top and drive your back knee up, step up and do a jack then step down and do a jack, do burpee then jump up, do a lateral jump on top or over, do elevated or decline push ups placing your hands or toes on top, do tricep dips on the side...the list can go on and on!

I had a woman from boot camp tell me she can no longer look at park benches as places to sit. They are now a piece of equipment to do all sorts of exercises on! Change your perspective, get creative and start using what's lying around! And just in case boxes are a mental hurdle for you, it's not that I don't get it, but I thought the picture might help :)

No comments:

Post a Comment