Does this Sound like You?

Are you stuck in a workout rut? Having a hard time breaking free to hit the gym? I am ready to help change your life!
I will come to your home when it works for you! I will teach you WORKOUTS THAT WORK so you can meet achievable, life changing goals we establish together. My goal isn't to make you reliant on a personal trainer for the rest of your life. My goal is to show you how to make several small changes in how you move, eat and think which will make huge changes in how you live for the rest of your life!

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Exercise to Live!

Eat Better:
Cauliflower Mashers (GREAT sub for mashed potatoes)!
1 1/2 large heads cauliflower
3/4 full fat canned coconut milk
3 Tbs coconut oil
2/3 cups fresh chives
3 cloves garlic
2 tsp dried rosemary or 1 sprig fresh
sea salt, pepper to taste

Instructions:
1. Roughly chop cauliflower, removing leaves

2. Place in steam approx 20 mins, until you can insert fork into it.
3. Mince garlic and finely chop chives. Saute the garlic, chives and rosemary in coconut oil until garlic is light golden brown.
4. Mash caulifower.
5. Put mash in pot on stove along with coconut milk, chive and garlic mixture. Cook on med-low heat and continue to mash.
6. Add sea salt and pepper to taste.

Move Better:
Grab a cheap medicine ball from Target or Walmart or any sporting goods store and you can add intensity to so many exercises! Try this. Squat with the ball at your chest. As you come out of the squat throw the ball overhead. As you catch the ball be moving down into your squat. Continue squatting, throwing, catching and squating for a great full body workout! Have a partner to workout with? Throw the ball overhead to your partner...just make sure they're looking :)

Amy's Corner:
Recently as I was headed into the CrossFit gym I read on the whiteboard, "CrossFit to live, don't live to Crossfit". Huh.

I see opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to exercise and everything between. I see people who lack motivation and aren't ready to make sacrifices to do what needs to be done to get healthy. Then I see people who have totally fallen in love with taking care of themselves but can get obsessive with performance and results to the point of over training and too much sacrifice of time and other important aspects in life.

Have I been on both ends of that spectrum? Absolutely.

I think it's important to maintain perspective and priorities. Your health should always be number one. Without your health all else is lost. And while being healthy requires time, energy and sacrifices it's important to create a balance. How do I do it? I have friends and family who I know will put me in check if my balance is off. I use my calendar and schedule my workouts and my food prep time a week ahead of time. And I check myself when my attitude is off because of a workout or results I'm not getting. Afterall, we're all exercising to live, not living to exercise...right? :)

Upcoming Events:

Workouts that Work with Amy
*APRIL FACEBOOK CHALLENGE: DAILY MINIMAL EQUIPMENT WORKOUTS, ACCOUNTABILITY AND ENCOURAGEMENT TO MEET YOUR GOALS!
You'll be part of a private Facebook group and receive daily workouts and nutrition tips plus ongoing support and accountability from the group. Over 20 people are participating this March and are experiencing AMAZING results! Equipment will be minimal and inexpensive. Modifications/demonstrations are provided for every exercise. To sign up just email me at AmyDrefke@gmail.com. Inches and weight measurements will be used to determine the winner each month...the winner receives a free one-on-one personal training session with me! A $60 value! Cost: $99 for your first month then only $75/month or $150/3 months thereafter!

*Grocery Tours with Amy! Need help making the best choices for you and your family and understanding WHY those choices make the most sense? I give tours at the Ankeny Hy-Vee on Wednesday evenings 8-9 pm or by appointment. Just email me to set up time! AmyDrefke@gmail.com Tours are $30/person.

*SPRING BOOT CAMP WITH AMY!: A group fitness class in an outdoor, encouraging non-intimidating environment! Fat blasting, full body workouts with body weight and minimal equipment while you get to know others! Kids are free to play on the playground while we workout but no supervision is provided.

When:Choose 1, 2, 3 or all 6 weeks!
April 1 – 4
April 8 – 11
April 15 – 18
April 22 – 25
April 29- May 2
May 6 - 9
*Classes are Monday – Thursday, 6:30 – 7:15 pm

The more you attend, the less you spend per class!
1 week $60
2 weeks $115
3 weeks $150 – Only $12.50/class
6 weeks $250 – Only $10/class
Where: Georgetown Park in Ankeny on the corner of Ash St. and Georgetown Blvd.

How: Email Amy Drefke, at AmyDrefke@gmail.com to reserve your spot today! Please indicate the week(s) you’ll be attending. Thank you!

Community
The Grand Blue Mile has to be one of the hardest races I've done, and I've done marathons! I know it's only a mile but my goal was to keep up with the sprinters. Yes, the 20 year olds who lined up bent over in ready position like it was a 40 meter dash.:) It's a great way to measure you ability to cover a short distance as quickly as possible in a really fun atmosphere! And if you've never run a race it's a great way to prep for a 5K! Here's the scoop: http://www.grandbluemile.com/#&panel1-1

Dam 2 Dam is an awesome race if you feed off big crowds (thousands of runners), good scenery and hundreds of people out to cheer you on! Sign up has already started, check it out! http://www.damtodam.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment