Does this Sound like You?

Are you stuck in a workout rut? Having a hard time breaking free to hit the gym? I am ready to help change your life!
I will come to your home when it works for you! I will teach you WORKOUTS THAT WORK so you can meet achievable, life changing goals we establish together. My goal isn't to make you reliant on a personal trainer for the rest of your life. My goal is to show you how to make several small changes in how you move, eat and think which will make huge changes in how you live for the rest of your life!

Monday, March 18, 2013

Bridging the Gap

Eat Better:
Did you know that in order to remove the fat from most products manufacturers replace it with additives and often sugar to help the taste and texture? Fat free is often not the best choice. Next time you're at the store compare the same brand of salad dressing: a full fat, low fat and fat free version. Check out the carbs, sugars and ingredients. Which is best? Likely you'll find it's the low fat version. Take the time to flip over products and know what's in your food. Afterall, garbage in equals garbage out!

Move Better:
One of the most loathed exercises I can think of is the burpee. I ask my clients to do them, I'm asked to do them at Crossfit...and rarely are either requests met with a smile. :) Here's an AWESOME video giving efficiency tips on burpees. If your shoulders and knees burn out quick, there may be technique issues you need to address. Check it out (and yes, he said 1000 or 2000 ;)

Amy's Corner:
Every week a receive a text, email or phone call that affirms why I do what I do. People seeing results in all forms and wanting to share their excitement. Last week I had a client from my March Facebook Challenge group let me know his cholesterol score is the lowest it's been since he can remember! The same day I had an excited client let me know she was wearing a skirt to work she never thought she'd wear again. Today I had a client tell me she feels much more rested and energized after a week of solid nutritional choices.

There's a gap from "I want to take better care of myself" to "I have fallen in love with taking care of myself" that can only be filled by YOU! The clients that are excitedly messaging me have done the hard work that has yeilded results and they're hooked not just on exercise and eating better, but they're hooked on how they feel! 

Results do come at a cost. They take time, sweat and sacrifice...but I've yet to meet a single person who has seen positive results and regretted the work it took to get there. My advice do those of you who are finding the gap difficult to bridge...decide you're worth it. Change your mindset...then change your body...then change your life! And if you need help, I'm here to provide the "how" and "what"!


Upcoming Events:
Workouts that Work with Amy
*APRIL FACEBOOK CHALLENGE: DAILY MINIMAL EQUIPMENT WORKOUTS, ACCOUNTABILITY AND ENCOURAGEMENT TO MEET YOUR GOALS!
You'll be part of a private Facebook group and receive daily workouts and nutrition tips plus ongoing support and accountability from the group. Over 20 people are participating this March and are experiencing AMAZING results! Equipment will be minimal and inexpensive. Modifications/demonstrations are provided for every exercise. To sign up just email me at AmyDrefke@gmail.com. Inches and weight measurements will be used to determine the winner each month...the winner receives a free one-on-one personal training session with me! A $60 value! Cost: $99 for your first month then only $75/month or $150/3 months thereafter!

*Grocery Tours with Amy! Need help making the best choices for you and your family and understanding WHY those choices make the most sense? I give tours at the Ankeny Hy-Vee on Wednesday evenings 8-9 pm or by appointment. Just email me to set up time! AmyDrefke@gmail.com Tours are $30/person.

*SPRING BOOT CAMP WITH AMY!: A group fitness class in an outdoor, encouraging non-intimidating environment! Fat blasting, full body workouts with body weight and minimal equipment while you get to know others! Kids are free to play on the playground while we workout but no supervision is provided.

When:Choose 1, 2, 3 or all 6 weeks!
March 18 - 21
March 25-28
April 1 – 4
April 8 – 11
April 15 – 18
April 22 – 25

*Classes are Monday – Thursday, 6:30 – 7:15 pm

The more you attend, the less you spend per class!
1 week $60
2 weeks $115
3 weeks $150 – Only $12.50/class
6 weeks $250 – Only $10/class

Where: Georgetown Park in Ankeny on the corner of Ash St. and Georgetown Blvd.

How: Email Amy Drefke, at AmyDrefke@gmail.com to reserve your spot today! Please indicate the week(s) you’ll be attending. Thank you!


Community
The Crossfit Games are coming! Check out the details and ANYONE can jump in and participate in the Open workouts starting in March!

http://games.crossfit.com/article/welcome-2013-season



http://www.glowrun5k.com/dm.html
 



No comments:

Post a Comment