Does this Sound like You?

Are you stuck in a workout rut? Having a hard time breaking free to hit the gym? I am ready to help change your life!
I will come to your home when it works for you! I will teach you WORKOUTS THAT WORK so you can meet achievable, life changing goals we establish together. My goal isn't to make you reliant on a personal trainer for the rest of your life. My goal is to show you how to make several small changes in how you move, eat and think which will make huge changes in how you live for the rest of your life!

Monday, September 16, 2013

Why You're "Stuck"

Eat Better:
A member of my online Facebook group recommends the cookbook, "Back to Protein" and if this recipe taken from the cookbook is any indicator, it's my new purchase!

Crustless Quiche
Fill 9x13 pan with fresh spinach
sprinkle bag of shredded swiss cheese
18 eggs whisked, with 1/2 cup cream or 1/2 & 1/2.
Salt, pepper, garlic powder in eggs. pour over spinach and cook for 30 minutes on 350. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top and bake another 15 minutes.


Here's the link to purchase the cookbook: http://www.amazon.com/Back-Protein-Carb-Meat-Cookbook/dp/0871319128
 
Move Better:
As the temperatures drop from hot and humid to cool and comfortable why not exercise outdoors? It's cheap: just invest in a good pair of shoes! It's convenient: drop your kids off at practice and off you go! It's calming: sometimes a little fresh air and change in scenery does the mind and body good. Walk, jog, run, bike, roller blade, take your equipment outdoors...get creative and get moving! :)
 
Amy's Corner:
"I'm stuck at "x" weight and have been for years!" "Nothing I'm doing is making a difference on the scale!" "My body just doesn't drop weight so I quit trying."

I've heard it all. I've seen the frustration as people sit in front of me telling me about their efforts to workout and eat better and how they're just not making a difference. Although I feel for them, I get excited in these moments because I know I can help. Here's what I've found to be the top 3 culprits and how I help:

1. Variation: You have to have variation in your workouts. If all you've done for the past several months or even years is walk at a 4.0 speed and 1.0 incline your body has adapted and it's not effective. Your workouts should have a mix of strength training, cardio and core work and vary enough to keep your body guessing and moving toward your goals.

2. Nutrition: No matter how hard you try to count/track your calories 99% of people are not as accurate as they think. You have to burn 3500 more calories than you consume to lose 1 lb. Rather than focus on quantities I try and get clients to shift to thinking about quality. Eat lean meats, veggies, some fruit, nuts and seeds. Eliminate processed foods, sugar and alcohol. Drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water daily. Learn when you're hungry and when you're just bored or dehydrated. Fuel your body well and you add muscle which burns calories at rest and watch your body become lean and mean!

3. Intensity: If your workout has you hardly breaking a sweat or breathing hard you may be spinning your wheels. Intensity in the form of adding weight, repetitions, distance or time has so many benefits such as: decreased resting heart rate, increased lean body mass, decreased body fat and calorie burning post workout.

If you are "stuck" or feeling like you are "spinning your wheels" please contact me! I'd be glad to help you add variation, intensity and give you the tools you need to make solid nutritional choices!

Upcoming Events:
**Herbalife FREE consultations by appointment: Find out your lean body and body fat percentages, calories burned at rest and daily calories necessary to help you meet your goals along with your daily protein needs. Then we'll talk supplements and foods that will help you best meet your goals. We can also talk exercise, as you know that eating well and moving well go hand in hand! It takes about 1 hour and is done right at Thrive in Ankeny or I can come to you too! Let's meet soon! AmyDrefke@gmail.com

**Need the guidance of a trainer, daily workouts you can do right at home, but you just don't have room in the budget? I have an online Facebook group where I post daily workout videos plus written explanations! Over 20 people chime in daily on the workouts, eating healthy, their goals, or they ask me questions. You have 24/7 access to a supportive group of people and a trainer! $99/first month then only $75/month or $150/3 months therafter!


No comments:

Post a Comment