Does this Sound like You?

Are you stuck in a workout rut? Having a hard time breaking free to hit the gym? I am ready to help change your life!
I will come to your home when it works for you! I will teach you WORKOUTS THAT WORK so you can meet achievable, life changing goals we establish together. My goal isn't to make you reliant on a personal trainer for the rest of your life. My goal is to show you how to make several small changes in how you move, eat and think which will make huge changes in how you live for the rest of your life!

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Trainer Talk Tuesday

It's not often I reach for a book that isn't filled with pictures of exercise demos and lots of talk about muscle groups, but I decided I needed a book to help me relax and unplug from "trainer mode" at the end of the day. I checked out, "Women, Food and God" by Geneen Roth from the public library last week and I am so glad I did...it is literally changing my outlook on life and my relationship with food. I challenge you to read it.  Here's an excerpt from, http://geneenroth.com/women_food_and_god.php

The way you eat is inseparable from your core beliefs about being alive. No matter how sophisticated or wise or enlightened you believe you are, how you eat tells all. The world is on your plate. When you begin to understand what prompts you to use food as a way to numb or distract yourself, the process takes you deeper into realms of spirit and to the bright center of your own life. Rather than getting rid of or instantly changing your conflicted relationship with food, Women Food and God is about welcoming what is already here, and contacting the part of yourself that is already whole—divinity itself.

Sounds deep, right? It is, but at the same time it somehow simplifies things and is an easy, quick read on top of it. She admits off the bat she has lost and gained over 1,000 lbs in her lifetime. She has gone from 80 lbs and starving herself to obese and compulsively eating. Her gammot of life experiences with food, glimpses into her childhood and insights she gains from retreats full of women you may just relate to make this book a MUST READ in my mind! Please let me know if you've read it and your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment