Does this Sound like You?

Are you stuck in a workout rut? Having a hard time breaking free to hit the gym? I am ready to help change your life!
I will come to your home when it works for you! I will teach you WORKOUTS THAT WORK so you can meet achievable, life changing goals we establish together. My goal isn't to make you reliant on a personal trainer for the rest of your life. My goal is to show you how to make several small changes in how you move, eat and think which will make huge changes in how you live for the rest of your life!

Friday, March 23, 2012

Change

Last week a few days before leaving for Mexico I seriously injured my neck doing heavy overhead squats. I am physically limited right now to no impact exercise and absolutely no lifting anything heavy until I hear back from my doctor today about MRI results.
Therefore, I'm trying to find safe ways to be active and continue my healthy lifestyle. Walking briskly, climbing stairs carefully, slow squats and lunges and a few core moves on my back with my upper body relaxed are what I've been doing. I've also really been watching my nutrition and eating much less than I usually do when my activity level is much more intense.
It's difficult to see people running and lifting weights. It's easy to get down and frightened thinking about how long it will before I am doing that again.
But I'm trying to keep my spirits up...friends, family and even strangers are great at helping me do so.
I met a woman in Mexico who was a body builder a few years prior. She knew when I explained my injury what that meant for me mentally and physically and became visibly upset. Then she asked if she could pray for me while she placed her hands near my injury. I was speechless and so thankful. She reassured me that this change in my lifestyle was temporary and to listen to my doctor and get back at it slowly as I was directed.
Change, no matter if it's good or bad, can come at any time. It's up to us how we choose to respond. I encourage you to look at change as a challenge. Don't allow change to give you excuses! Look at change as an opportunity to grow.
Change for me means a temporary setback...a chance to slow down a bit...a chance to be creative with my nutrition, exercise and clients...change means a chance to grow in character and strength.
So, no matter the MRI results that come back today, I'm ready to meet this change head on. Thank you for your encouragement as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment