Does this Sound like You?

Are you stuck in a workout rut? Having a hard time breaking free to hit the gym? I am ready to help change your life!
I will come to your home when it works for you! I will teach you WORKOUTS THAT WORK so you can meet achievable, life changing goals we establish together. My goal isn't to make you reliant on a personal trainer for the rest of your life. My goal is to show you how to make several small changes in how you move, eat and think which will make huge changes in how you live for the rest of your life!

Friday, August 10, 2012

Fitness Fun Friday: 5K Craziness!

Tomorrow I am going to participate in the Marcus, Iowa 5K race. It's an annual event where I run 3.1 miles as fast as I can and get second place by seconds to a teenage track star from town. Not that I'm competititve AT ALL (ha!) but it's a great motivator for me to continue pushing down my 5K time...this year the goal is sub 20. I did it a few weeks ago at Crossfit, so hoping my body is up for the challenge once more.

Just for fun, here's the world record holders for 5K times...
World's Fastest Men's 5K: Ken Bekele of Ethiopia in a time of 12:37.35
World's Fastest Women's 5K:  Meseret Defar of Ethiopia in a time of 14:16.63

Insane. Sick. Amazing.

And here's a fun video I found...not sure if Ken or Meseret met a lion that forced them to run that fast but I'm thinking being faster than your friends is also a big advantage at times. :) Happy Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment