Does this Sound like You?

Are you stuck in a workout rut? Having a hard time breaking free to hit the gym? I am ready to help change your life!
I will come to your home when it works for you! I will teach you WORKOUTS THAT WORK so you can meet achievable, life changing goals we establish together. My goal isn't to make you reliant on a personal trainer for the rest of your life. My goal is to show you how to make several small changes in how you move, eat and think which will make huge changes in how you live for the rest of your life!

Friday, September 28, 2012

Fitness Fun Friday: My Yoga Experience

I'll be the first to admit that I know very little about yoga other than a few of the exercises such as downward dog, cat camel and child's pose. I'll also be the first to admit that I need Yoga in my life. My good friend Mat teaches yoga in homes and at fitness centers. He is extremely knowledgable and passionate about practicing yoga not only in his own life but inspiring others to make it part of their healthy routine.

Here's what Mat has to say about the benefits of yoga:
The byproducts of yoga include better mental and physical health, emotional stability and clarity of mind, contentment and happiness with what you have and who you are, balance and harmony between body and mind, a sense of inner peace, a shift in consciousness from pursuit of happiness to expression of happiness, sleep improves, immunity increases, flexibility of muscles, increase in strength, weight normalizes, pain decreases, energy level and endurance increase, excretory functions improve, respiratory rate decreases, endoctrine function increases, blood pressure decreases, feelings such as anxiety, sadness, depression, hostility, aggression, and panic decreases, improved memory and attention, greater somatic and kinesthetic awareness, improved learning and dramatic increase in a overall sense of well being.

And you thought the benefits were just relaxing and flexibility gains! :)

After taking Mat's class this week I must say I have a lot to learn and a lot practice but the benefits from just one class were well worth the awkwardness of learning the breathing and postures. He walked me through everything with ease and was quick to point out that there was no specific goal that decided whether I failed or succeeded at yoga. Yoga meets you where you are...and I need that in my life, how about you?

I encourage you to seek out yoga classes or instructors to see how yoga can benefit you! I know I will continue to incoproate it into my weekly routine. Here's Mat's information if you'd like to contact him about his classes and services: mathewkoder@gmail.com, 515-779-9192.



No comments:

Post a Comment