Does this Sound like You?

Are you stuck in a workout rut? Having a hard time breaking free to hit the gym? I am ready to help change your life!
I will come to your home when it works for you! I will teach you WORKOUTS THAT WORK so you can meet achievable, life changing goals we establish together. My goal isn't to make you reliant on a personal trainer for the rest of your life. My goal is to show you how to make several small changes in how you move, eat and think which will make huge changes in how you live for the rest of your life!

Monday, June 24, 2013

Do Something that Scares You!

Eat Better:
Thanks Jason for the awesome recipe! So simple, so tasty!

1 lb diced chicken breast
6 chopped hard boiled eggs
1 cup raw pecans or walnuts
1 cup chopped broccoli
1 cup chopped avocado
1/2 cup grape seed oil veganaise (you can add honey mustard or regular mustard instead)

Mix together and enjoy a wonderful chicken salad!

Move Better:
Ever had a kid on your hip and had to walk quickly or run for some reason? It wears you out! Just by adding weight to your walk, jog or run you increase the intensity by quite a bit. Carry a medicine ball, use wrist/ankle weights, carry a dumbbell or dumbbells or even load up a backpack. Watch your posture and be sure to keep your shoulders up, back and down as well as your head up.  It doesn't take much to change things up and keep moving toward your goals!

Amy's Corner:
I entered a Crossfit competition that's in October knowing there are movements that will be in the workouts I can't yet do. I entered knowing that if I went right now I'd fail at certain workouts my competitors would excel at. Am I crazy? Most of you who know me are saying "YES!" :) Despite the possibility that's true (haha :), I did it because if you never step outside the box and do things that scare you, you never know what you are truly capable of. I know these next few months I have to dial in my training and do something every day that will make me better tomorrow. By setting a goal for myself and giving it a timeline I've given myself a reason to work hard to reach it every single day. I have clients who have done the same with marathons, half marathons, triathlons or events like Tough Mudder. If you can't think of something you've done lately that scared you, that really took you outside your comfort zone...maybe it's time to give it a shot! Nothing to lose, everything to gain!

Upcoming Events:
Workouts that Work with Amy
*OUTDOOR FITNESS OPTIONS!
1. Join me and a small group of hard working, fun people at Georgetown Park in Ankeny from 6:15-7 am Monday - Wednesday. Class runs July 8 - August 30. 1 day week/$120, 2 days week/$192 and 3 days week/$240. All you need to bring is a mat or towel, water and a "can do" attitude! All fitness levels welcome. It's filling quickly! Sign up today by emailing me at: AmyDrefke@gmail.com
2. Get together a group of friends, find a park and a common time/day(s) and I will lead a boot camp for you! The more people you gather the less it will cost. The class will be geared to what you all want and your goals. I have a few going on in various towns right now and they are a blast! Email me if interested! AmyDrefke@gmail.com
*ONLINE FITNESS OPTION!
JULY FACEBOOK CHALLENGE
You'll be part of a private Facebook group and receive daily workouts and nutrition tips plus ongoing support and accountability from the group. Almost 20 people are participating this June and are experiencing AMAZING results! Equipment will be minimal and inexpensive. Modifications/demonstrations are provided for every exercise. 

To sign up just email me at AmyDrefke@gmail.com. Cost: $99 for your first month then only $75/month or $150/3 months thereafter!

Community
Here's a list of some great fitness events from mud runs to triathlons to keep you motivated this summer! http://www.fitnesssports.com/races.july.html

No comments:

Post a Comment