This "Eat Better" section today is a little chance to get on my soap box...so sit back and enjoy. :)
Sodium. Everyone is worried about sodium. So, what's the solution? I constantly hear people say, "Use less or no salt". Meaning, take the salt off the table at dinner time and the problem is solved. Here's the problem. MOST sodium issues come not from an extra sprinkle of table salt on a pork chop...the issue comes from over consumption of processed foods! Processed foods must keep well on shelves in boxes, cans and bags. How do they keep well? In addition to chemically altered fats and other additives...SALT! So, what's my solution to reducing your sodium intake? Cut the processed foods. Eat lean meats, fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds...foods without labels mostly found in the perimeter of the grocery store, not down the aisles. I will dismount now...but likely only until next week :)
My awesome boot camp group and amazing online group both did a similar workout last week. It was simple but effective...just what we like, right?!
Run 30 seconds with a medicine ball, hand weights or any weighted object.
Set the weight(s) down after 30 seconds wherever you are. Walk briskly for 30 seconds away from the weight(s).
After 30 seconds, jog back to the weights.
Now, continue on your run for 30 seconds with the weights.
Keep repeating picking them up, putting them down and jogging back for 10 total times or adjust for your fitness level!
I get a lot of questions about in-home personal training. People are curious about whether or not it's truly effective. Here's why it works:
- You use what you already have right in your own home and you know how to use it! Can you say that about all the equipment at the gym?
- No membership fees, driving or childcare. I come to you when it works for you and your kids can play right at home. I even hold babies :)
- I leave you with a plan to follow all week long and am accessible via email/text/phone every day. Ever had a trainer do that for you at a gym? They train you then leave you to figure out the rest on your own. 1 hour with a trainer once/week isn't going to cut it.
- You can workout any time and any where. I come to your work, parks, your basement...wherever you are and show you how to use minimal equipment or even just your body weight to get an effective individualized workout.
- I offer nutritional support and since I'm right there...I can help by looking in your fridge, cupboards or wherever you allow me to snoop to make suggestions. I can take you on grocery tours too!
Basically, in-home personal training works because I eliminate your excuses. Save your money on diets, gym fees and doctor bills due to unhealthy lifestyle choices...and invest in your future!
I have openings Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays and early morning on Wednesday. I offer 30 minute sessions and 1 hour sessions, wherever works for you. I can even train you in a Crossfit gym, one-on-one or with friends. Let me know how I can help you eat better, move better and LIVE BETTER! :)